vrijdag 4 september 2009

Introduction

Hi!

My name is Charlotte van Brakel. I'm a 23 year old student at the University of Amsterdam where I currently participate the master of New Media studies. Before that I studied 'Kunsten, cultuur en Media' (translated: Arts, culture and media) at the 'Rijksuniversiteit Groningen' where I learned interesting things about movies, pop music, plastic arts, new media, art management, art marketing, art philosophy and art sociology. In short: everything about the art world. This often resulted in papers about weird and odd topics such as hidden messages in music and wii'j-ing (make music with wii-controllers) because I don't like to write about boring stuff. I think my bachelor thesis out shined all my previous subjects because it was about the economic, sociological and theoretical influence on the image of car commercials of Ford in the twenties and eighties -though my supervisor was in large part responsible for the selection of time periods-.

It took me 5 years to get my bachelors degree because I attended a lot of extra activities next to my classes. I was a member of the board at a students' corps and at the board of the cultural studentorganisation of the university in Groningen which is similar to CREA here in Amsterdam. I also attended a lot committees to organize parties and other festivities. Last but nog least I also founded and organized the music festival 'Preipop' for three years.
In my spare time I like to visit concerts, watch movies, listen to music, read and eat :) I hope to meet a lot of interesting people this year and to make myself at home in this new city!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten